Facts About This Rug:
- This rug is called a Tabriz, so named after the Northwest Iranian city where these rugs are made.
- What's unique about a Tabriz are the colors. You often find orange and a green among the hues
- We know that the Tabriz dates back over 500 years.
- The Tabriz is considered a "workshop rug" rather than a tribal rug. It is made in a family-run factory that is mostly made indoors.
- Every part of the Tabriz is hand-made. The wool is locally sourced and the material is mostly wool with silk highlights.
- The addition of silk highlights is the most valuable factor in the rug's pricing
Rugs start small at 5 X 7 and vary to room size
The rugs runs from $2,000 depending on rug density and amount of silk in the rug