Facts About this Rug:
- The Bijar originates in Northern Iran and is woven by men and women from the Kurdish tribes.
- Known as the "iron rug," is is the most durable rug in the trade
- Geometric in design, it uses the typical Herati pattern.
- The rug has an excellent quality wool pile on cotton foundation.
- Bijar is a Kurdish-occupied village
Bijars most commonly run in the following sizes: 2 X 4, 5 X 7 and 6 X 9
The 2 X 4 typically goes for $1500, the 5 X 7 runs for $3000 and up, and the 6 X 9 typically ranges from $4,000 to $5,000